Monday 25 February 2013

Day 56 | Pink for Boys


Blue for girls! Pink and blue for both boys and girls! Why not?!

I will be the last person to fall into marketing ploy when it comes to colour gender norms! Is pink is a symbol of feminism and blue being masculine colour? Do girls inherently prefer pink and boys inherently prefer blue? I seriously doubt it. Pink and purples are such a lovely colour and why should it only be associated with and loved by girls?! With my love for everything blue as in blue skies, and blue water, I will feel equally cheated if it was strictly associated with everything boys! When we talk about men and women equality and rights, why do we still continue to associate blue colour for boys and pink for girls?! May be our next generation will stop being preys to this mass marketing perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste and thank you for visiting Pratibimba, my Project 365 blog. This is my honest desire to capture and document little snippets of my life. Things that inspire me, reflect my life and made me look twice… One photo a day, for 365 days…

I welcome all your valuable inputs and constructive criticism as long as it is meant to help and improve the blog. I reserve the right to delete any comments that are rude, abusive, written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity or considered spam.

I hope that you will stop by again to say Hello! Thank you once again.

Warm Regards
Sia